Georges Marrane

Georges Marrane, né le à Louviers (Eure) et mort le à Fleury-Mérogis (Essonne), est un homme politique français.

Fils d’ouvrier, Georges Marrane travaille en usine après avoir obtenu son certificat d’études, dès l’âge de 12 ans, en Seine-et-Oise, comme apprenti mécanicien, avant de devenir ouvrier horloger-mécanicien à Paris. Il est blessé pendant la Première Guerre mondiale. Il adhère au Parti socialiste SFIO (18e section) en 1916. En décembre 1920, il se prononce pour l’adhésion à la IIIe Internationale. En octobre 1922, il entre au bureau politique du Parti communiste français et dirige en 1924 la nouvelle Banque Ouvrière et Paysanne. Il sera mis en examen en 1931 suite à sa faillite frauduleuse.

Le 15 mai 1925, il est élu maire d’Ivry-sur-Seine, puis réélu en 1929 et 1935. En 1936-37, il préside le conseil général de la Seine. Un mois après la déclaration de guerre, le 4 octobre 1939, les conseillers municipaux communistes sont suspendus de leur fonction. Il est déchu de son mandat de maire le 21 janvier 1940 et entre dans la clandestinité. On le retrouve à Lyon, à Toulouse, à Marseille, en Corrèze et dans la Haute-Vienne où il déploie une activité considérable sous le patronyme de Gaston. D’autres l’appelaient Vercingétorix à cause de ses superbes moustaches. Il donne son aval aux différentes actions de Lucie Aubrac, ancienne militante communiste établie à Lyon avec son mari Raymond.

Il accueille de Gaulle à l’hôtel de ville de Paris le 25 août 1944 en sa qualité de vice-président du Comité parisien de Libération. Le 20 août 1944, Venise Gosnat, adjoint au maire avant la guerre, reconquiert la mairie d’Ivry et met en place un Comité local de libération. Le 29 avril 1945, Georges Marrane retrouve son fauteuil de maire et dirige la ville jusqu’en 1965, date à laquelle Jacques Laloë lui succède à la tête de la municipalité.

Il est membre de l’Assemblée consultative provisoire où il représente le Front national de l’indépendance de la France. Puis il est élu au Conseil de la République en 1946. Candidat à la présidence du Conseil de la République, il obtient comme son rival MRP, Auguste Champetier de Ribes, 129 voix. Ce dernier est désigné au bénéfice de l’âge.

Georges Marrane est ministre de la Santé publique et de la Population dans le gouvernement Paul Ramadier du 22 janvier au 4 mai 1947. Il démissionne à la suite de l’éviction des ministres communistes membres de l’Assemblée nationale.

Il est membre de la Haute Assemblée jusqu’à son élection en tant que député communiste de la Seine en 1956. Il est vice-président du groupe communiste de l’Assemblée nationale.

Il est candidat du PCF à l’élection présidentielle du 21 décembre 1958. Il obtient 10 355 voix (soit 13,03 % des suffrages) dans le collège des grands électeurs qui désigne le général de Gaulle comme premier président de la Ve République.

Il redevient sénateur en 1959 et siège au palais du Luxembourg jusqu’en 1968. Il est aussi conseiller général de 1946 à 1967.

Le Challenge international Georges Marrane, compétition internationale de handball organisée par le US Ivry handball, est nommé en son honneur.

Đorđe Vujadinović

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.

Đorđe „Đokica“ Vujadinović (Serbian Cyrillic: Ђорђе Вујадиновић; 29 November 1909 – 5 October 1990) was a Serbian international football player and manager.

He was born in Kolari, a suburb of Smederevo, but still very young, came to Belgrade to live with his uncle. While playing football with his friends in a sandy field in the Kalemegdan park in the center of the city, he was spotted by a „older serious man with hat“ who invite him, together with other two boys, to come and make tests in, the biggest club from that period, BSK. He passed, and joined the youth team, in which played a wonderful generation of players, in which Tirnanić, Valjarević, Krčevinac, Zloković and him make the forward line, that will be, some years later, the attack of the BSK team that won many Championships in the 1930s. Those late 1920s were years of great expansion in the Yugoslav Kingdom and football was starting to be extremely popular. In those times, the players started to be professionalized and started to be paid monetarily, but he refused, saying that his earnings as a bank employee were enough for him and that he played football only by pleasure. This is a great example of his calm and honest character. Until 1940 he played around 400 matches for the club, was national Champion five times and twice a league top-scorer.

He was the only BSK player to win all five national titles.

Before the WWII, the Yugoslav team was unimaginable without him in the squad. Between 1929 and 1940 he played 44 international matches, and didn’t play more because of his duties as a bank functioner. He was one of the main players of the Yugoslavia national football team in the 1930 FIFA World Cup, and scored a total of 18 goals for the national team.

Yugoslavia’s goal tally first

After returning from captivity, in the end of the Second World War, he ended his playing career and dedicates to the work with the younger generations. He starts coaching the youth teams of FK Partizan and latter OFK Belgrade, where he also managed the senior team in 1960–61. He was also the manager of the Yugoslavia national under-21 football team and Altay S.K.. While in a zenith of his managerial time, he invited Mr.Miljan Miljanić ( the latter President of the Yugoslav Football Federation), and with whom had already worked before, to substitute him in the job.

He was nicknamed „Leteći fudbaler“, translated to English „The flying footballer“. This nickname was because during the last years he played with BSK he also worked as an employee in the National Bank of Yugoslavia, so as his work did not allowed him to numerous absences, when the club played away he did not travelled earlier with the rest of the team, but he rather departed from Belgrade in last moments by airplane in order to come in time to the match.

Government Museum, Bangalore

Government Museum (Bangalore) established in 1865 by the Mysore State with the guidance of Surgeon Edward Balfour who founded the museum in Madras and supported by the Chief Commissioner of Mysore, L.B. Bowring is one of the oldest museums in India and the second oldest museum in South India. It is now an archaeological museum and has a rare collection of archaeological and geological artifacts including old jewellery, sculpture, coins and inscriptions. The museum is also home to the Halmidi inscription, the earliest Kannada inscription (450 AD).

The government museum in Bangalore was established on 18 August 1865, during the period when L.B. Bowring was Chief Commissioner of Mysore State. A formal official notification was issued in the Mysore Government Gazette on 17 April 1866, a copy of which is still preserved in the Karnataka State Archives in Bangalore. The gazette notification officially invited citizens to contribute cultural and natural artifacts to the museum for display.

The museum was founded at the advice and counsel of Edward G. Balfour, a medical officer of the Madras Army, transferred to Bangalore from Madras. Balfour suggested setting up a museum similar to the museum he had previously established in Madras in 1851. Balfour had organized collections for the Great Exhibition of 1851. Balfour had a collection of zoological and natural specimens to exhibit in the Museum. The Government museum in Bangalore was then known as the Mysore Government Museum and the building opened in 1877 was located on what was then Sydney road (today Kasturba road).

The museum was first established at the Cantonment’s jail building. It continued to function there for 13 years until 1878.

The jail building was considered not suitable for a museum and it was decided to construct a special museum building near the Cantonment. The current site of the museum was identified for the new museum. The new museum (the current structure) was planned and built in 1877 by Col. Richard Hieram Sankey, the Chief Engineer of Mysore State at that time.

The museum was popularly known as the tamasha house (entertainment house).

The museum is flanked by the Visvesvaraya Industrial And Technological Museum and the Venkatappa Art gallery. The museum is located centrally on Kasturba road. The museum is built in 1877 in the neoclassical architectural style. It has two porticos on either side, Corinthian columns, circular arches, sloping eaves and prominent sloping parapet walls.

The museum has two exhibition floors which are divided into 18 galleries. The galleries cover sections that span sculpture, natural history, geology, art, music and numismatics.

The museum is an archaeological museum and has a rare collection of archaeological and geological artifacts including old jewellery, sculpture, coins and inscriptions. The museum has 70 paintings, 84 sculptures, and hundreds of other artifacts, some of which unique to the museum. The museum has sculpture from the Hoysala, Gandhara and Nolamba periods.

Neolithic pottery from excavations carried out at Chandravalli, excavations artifacts from Mohenjodaro, Halebid and Vijayanagar, terracotta from Mathura and weapons from Kodagu. Many relics housed at the museum are as much as 5000 years old. The museum also houses rare paintings of Deccan, Mysore and Tanjore kingdoms are found.

The museum has a model of Srirangapatna, the fort of Tipu Sultan. There is a slab in the museum from Tipu’s times that has 12 persian couplets. The museum also showcases various old musical instruments. A Tanjore style framework of 64 Nayanamars is a unique piece there.

The priced collections of the Museum include the earliest Kannada inscription- the Halmidi inscription (450 C.E.), Begur inscription (890 C.E.), Atakur inscription (949 C.E.) slabs are found in this museum.

The museum saw many visitors in the early part of its history. The average annual footfall was 280,000 in the 1870s and over 400,000 in the early part of the 20th century as per museum records catalogued by the British. According to museum officials, the annual number of visitors is over 90,000 consisting of domestic and international tourists.

The Karnataka State Archaeology Department governs the museum. it comes under the purview of the Directorate of Archaeology and Museums. The 13th Finance Commission of India has sanctioned 1 billion as a grant to Karnataka for the conservation of monuments and development of museums.

Government Museum, Bangalore (1890) from the Curzon Collection’s ‚Souvenir of Mysore Album‘

Field Gun, WWI Trophy, displayed outside the Government Museum

Sculpture gallery besides the museum

Ganapathi at Govt Museum Bangalore

Lakshmi at Govt Museum Bangalore

Elephant at Govt Museum Bangalore

Balaram at Govt Museum Bangalore

Vinayaka at Govt museum Bangalore

Garuda at Govt Museum Bangalore

Devi at Govt Museum Bangalore

Devi1 at Govt Museum Bangalore

Narayana at Govt Museum Bangalore

Male figure 2 at Govt Museum Bangalore

Maheshwari, a form of Feminine goddess at Govt Museum Bangalore

Tripurasundari, a form of Feminine goddess at Govt Museum Bangalore

Bhudevi, human manifestation of mother Earth at Govt Museum Bangalore

Maruthi or Hanuman at Govt Museum Bangalore

Lion head at Govt Museum Bangalore

Devi 19th century

Male figure at Govt Museum Bangalore

A man and a woman, village folks at Govt Museum Bangalore

Three tier part of pillar at Govt Museum Bangalore

A headless statue of possibly a female deity at Govt Museum Bangalore

Warrior riding horse with a servant,part of pillar at Govt Museum Bangalore

Warrior riding horse,part of pillar at Govt Museum Bangalore

Front view, Horse head at Govt museum Bangalore

Part of an arch with God figures 3 at Govt museum Bangalore

Part of an arch with God figures 2 at Govt museum Bangalore

Horse head at Govt museum Bangalore

Varavaramuni at Govt Museum Bangalore

Replica of Gopuram of a temple at Govt Museum Bangalore

Part of an arch with God figures at Govt museum Bangalore

Part of a temple pillar at Karnataka Govt Museum, Bangalore

Part of a pillar with inscription at Karnataka Govt Museum, Bangalore

Part of a pillar at Karnataka Govt Museum, Bangalore

Naga At Government Museum

Naga stone at Karnataka Government museum

Naga stone

Naga stone 18th century

Nandi At Government Museum

Ninayaka

Thirthankara

Seated saint

Vinayaka at Karnataka Government museum

Vaishnavi

Wrist with Fingers

Vishnu At Government Museum

Heimenhausen

Heimenhausen is a municipality in the Oberaargau administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland.

On January 1, 2009, the municipalities of Wanzwil and Röthenbach bei Herzogenbuchsee became part of the Municipality of Heimenhausen.

Heimenhausen is first mentioned in 1356 as Heimenhusen.

Heimenhausen has an area, as of 2009, of 5.85 km2 (2.26 sq mi). Of this area, 3.08 km2 (1.19 sq mi) or 52.6% is used for agricultural purposes, while 2.03 km2 (0.78 sq mi) or 34.7% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.68 km2 (0.26 sq mi) or 11.6% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.02 km2 (4.9 acres) or 0.3% is either rivers or lakes and 0.02 km2 (4.9 acres) or 0.3% is unproductive land.

Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 6.8% and transportation infrastructure made up 3.2%. Power and water infrastructure as well as other special developed areas made up 1.2% of the area 33.8% of the total land area is heavily forested. Of the agricultural land, 36.1% is used for growing crops and 15.7% is pastures. All the water in the municipality is in rivers and streams.

Heimenhausen (alone) has a population (as of 31 December 2015) of 1,105. As of 2007, 3.1% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -9.3%. Most of the population (as of 2000) speaks German (98.5%), with Serbo-Croatian being second most common ( 0.7%) and French being third ( 0.2%).

In the 2007 election the most popular party was the SVP which received 50% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the FDP (14.5%), the SPS (12.1%) and the local small left-wing parties (8.8%).

The age distribution of the population (as of 2000) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 29.6% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 55.2% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 15.2%. About 82% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).

Heimenhausen has an unemployment rate of 1.52%. As of 2005, there were 34 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 11 businesses involved in this sector. 2 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 2 businesses in this sector. 31 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 6 businesses in this sector. The historical population is given in the following table:

Комсомольское (Актюбинская область)

Комсомольское (каз. Комсомол) — село, административный центр Айтекебийского района Актюбинской области Казахстана. Административный центр Комсомольского сельского округа. Код КАТО — 153430100.

В 1999 году население села составляло 5065 человек (2622 мужчины и 2443 женщины). По данным переписи 2009 года, в селе проживало 5909 человек (2907 мужчин и 3002 женщины).

По данным на 1 января 2016 года население села составляло 6447 человек (3241 мужчина и 3206 женщин).

Айке • Акколь • Аккум • Актасты • Аралтобе • Аралтогай • Байжанкол • Белкопа • Богетколь Енбекту • Жабасак • Жамбыл • Жароткель • Карабутак • Карасу • Киякты • Комсомольское Кумкудук • Кырыккудук Милысай • Мир • Сарат • Сарбулак • Сулуколь • Талдык • Талдысай • Таскожа Теренсай • Толыбай • Тымабулак • Улгайсын • Ушкатты

Nordwestterritorium

Das Nordwest-Territorium, auch Territorium nördlich des Ohio Rivers, war ein historisches Hoheitsgebiet der Vereinigten Staaten von ursprünglich etwa 630.000 km² Größe (zum Vergleich: Deutschland hat 357.000 km²), das nördlich des Ohio und westlich von Pennsylvania lag.

Zum Zeitpunkt, als das Nordwest-Territorium eingerichtet wurde, lag die Westgrenze der USA am Mississippi.

Das Nordwest-Territorium wurde am 14. Juli 1787 vom Kontinentalkongress mit der Northwest Ordinance (Nordwest-Verordnung) gesetzlich festgelegt und am 7. August 1789 vom Kongress der Vereinigten Staaten mit kleinen Änderungen bestätigt. In der Verordnung wurde die Verwaltung geregelt und die Aufnahme in die Union vorbereitet. Damit übergaben die 13 Bundesstaaten an der Ostküste, vor allem Massachusetts, Connecticut und Virginia, die bisher überlappende Ansprüche westlich der Appalachen erhoben hatten, die Hoheit über ein Gebiet nordwestlich des Ohio an die Bundesregierung. Das Gesetz sah unter anderem vor, dass aus dem Territorium Bundesstaaten gebildet werden sollten, sobald bestimmte Voraussetzungen, vor allem zur Bevölkerungszahl, erfüllt waren, und ordnete die Einrichtung von öffentlichen Schulsystemen an. Außerdem wurde die Sklaverei in dem Gebiet für alle Zeiten verboten.

Aus dem Nordwest-Territorium entstanden später die Bundesstaaten Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan und Wisconsin sowie der östlich des Mississippis liegende Teil von Minnesota.

Im 17. Jahrhundert betraten mit französischen Pelzhändlern erstmals Europäer das Gebiet. Vom französischen Entdecker Jean Nicolet gibt es die ersten Aufzeichnungen, als er im Jahr 1634 in das Nordwestterritorium kam. Die Franzosen errichteten weit auseinanderliegende Handelsposten, um das riesige Gebiet zu kontrollieren. Nach dem verlorenen Franzosen- und Indianerkrieg musste Frankreich 1763 im Vertrag von Paris das Territorium an Großbritannien abtreten.

Das Gebiet war in dieser Zeit relativ dicht von Indianerstämmen besiedelt, die der weißen Expansion erbitterten Widerstand leisteten. Deshalb erließen die Briten 1763 eine Proklamation, in der die europäische Besiedlung westlich der Appalachen verboten wurde, um die Indianer zu besänftigen. Diese Proklamation verursachte große Unruhe unter der weißen Bevölkerung und gehörte zu den auslösenden Faktoren des Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieges. Am Ende dieses Krieges trat Großbritannien das Gebiet nördlich des Ohio Rivers und westlich der Appalachen mit dem Vertrag von Paris im Jahr 1783 an die Vereinigten Staaten ab. Trotz der förmlichen Übergabe blieben jedoch britische Truppen in der Gegend zurück. Im Jay-Vertrag von 1795 wurde vereinbart, dass britische Untertanen das Gebiet zu verlassen hätten, aber dies wurde nie vollständig durchgesetzt. Erst nach dem Krieg von 1812 erreichten die Amerikaner die völlige Souveränität über das Territorium.

Mehrere Staaten (Virginia, Massachusetts, New York und Connecticut) hatten Besitzansprüche in dem Territorium. Andere Staaten, wie Maryland, verweigerten die Ratifizierung der Verfassungsartikel, solange die anderen Staaten ihre westlichen Gebiete behalten durften. Sie fürchteten, dass diese Staaten zu stark wachsen könnten, und das Gleichgewicht der Kräfte innerhalb der Union gestört würde. Um die Ratifizierung zu ermöglichen, übergaben die genannten Staaten ihre Besitzansprüche an die Bundesregierung: New York 1780, Virginia 1784, Massachusetts und Connecticut 1784. Damit ging fast das gesamte Nordwestterritorium in den Besitz der Bundesregierung über. Nur Virginia und Connecticut behielten etwas Land, das sie an Kriegs-Veteranen als Entschädigung verteilen konnten: Den Virginia Military District (17.000 km²) und das Connecticut Western Reserve (12.000 km²).

Mit der Landverordnung von 1785 wurde ein standardisiertes System geschaffen, mit dem man das Gebiet vermessen und in verkaufbare Grundstücke aufteilen konnte. Eine Ausnahme bildete Ohio, das nach verschiedenen Methoden aufgeteilt wurde und damit einen Flickenteppich in der Grundstücksaufteilung darstellt. Der Rest des Territoriums wurde in quadratische Verwaltungsbezirke namens Township und Sektionen (eine Meile mal eine Meile) aufgeteilt, die den Landverkauf und die Weiterentwicklung erleichterten.

Es gab zunächst große Probleme mit den Indianern und den britischen Außenposten, die die amerikanische Expansion behinderten, bis sie vom amerikanischen General Anthony Wayne 1794 in der Schlacht von Fallen Timbers besiegt wurden und der Vertrag von Greenville 1795 den Frieden besiegelte. Der Jay-Vertrag von 1794 verbesserte zeitweise die Beziehungen zu den britischen Händlern in der Region, denn in den 1780er Jahren gab es mehr Briten und Franzosen als Amerikaner im Nordwestterritorium. Erneute Konflikte zwischen beiden Gruppen waren ein Auslöser für den Krieg von 1812. Im Vertrag von Gent im Jahr 1814 trat Großbritannien unwiderruflich seine Ansprüche auf das Nordwestterritorium an die Vereinigten Staaten ab.

Bei der Gründung des Territoriums lebten dort etwa 45.000 Indianer und 2.000 Pelzhändler, zumeist Briten und Franzosen. Am 7. April 1788 wurde bei Marietta die erste US-amerikanische Siedlung unter dem neuen Rechtsstatus angelegt. Arthur St. Clair wurde erster Gouverneur des Territoriums und bildete am 15. Juli 1788 eine Regierung in Marietta. Am 4. Juli 1800 wurde das Indiana-Territorium aus dem größeren, westlichen Teil des Nordwestterritoriums geschaffen; das verbleibende Gebiet wurde am 1. März 1803 als US-Bundesstaat Ohio anerkannt, was die 16-jährige Existenz des Nordwestterritoriums beendete.

Zunächst herrschte im Territorium eine modifizierte Form von Kriegsrecht. Der Gouverneur war zugleich der Oberbefehlshaber der Armee und verkörperte sowohl die Legislative als auch die Exekutive, wobei er in der Gesetzgebung den obersten Gerichtshof zur Seite hatte. Sobald die Bevölkerungszahl ausreichend angewachsen war, wurden County-Regierungen eingesetzt, die lokale Verwaltungs- und Justizfunktionen übernahmen. Die erste Regierung bekam 1788 das Washington County mit Sitz in Marietta, dann folgte 1790 Hamilton County mit Sitz in Cincinnati.

Im Jahre 1798 erreichte die Zahl der neuen Bürger 5.000; damit konnten nun eine territoriale Gesetzgebung und, wie in der Northwest Ordinance festgelegt, eine Regierung gebildet werden. Die gesetzgebende Körperschaft bestand aus dem Repräsentantenhaus und der Ratsversammlung. Das erste Haus hatte 22 Repräsentanten, je zwei aus einem County. Das Haus nominierte daraufhin zehn Bürger als Mitglieder der Ratsversammlung. Diese Vorschläge wurden dem US-Kongress vorgelegt, der fünf davon für die Ratsversammlung ernannte. Damit war die gesetzgebende Körperschaft gebildet, wobei der Gouverneur ein Vetorecht behielt.

Das von Thomas Jefferson entwickelte Landvermessungssystem wurde zuerst 1785 im Nordwestterritorium angewandt. Die quadratische Aufteilung des Landes wurde zum Kennzeichen im Mittleren Westen, durch das Sektionen, Gemeinden, Countys und Staaten systematisch geplant werden konnten.

1798 konnte das Territorium erstmals einen nicht stimmberechtigten Delegierten in den US-Kongress schicken, der von der Ratsversammlung gewählt wurde. Die Delegierten waren:

Tyler Farrar

Grand Tours

Stage races

One-day races and Classics

Tyler Farrar (born June 2, 1984) is an American professional road racing cyclist who rides for UCI Professional Continental team Team Dimension Data. Farrar’s achievements include winning the 2009 Circuit Franco-Belge and the 2009 and 2010 Vattenfall Cyclassics. In Grand Tours, Farrar has won six individual stages, as well as assisting in two team time trial wins.

Farrar started racing at 13, and rode for Jelly Belly–Carlsbad Clothing Company in 2003, Health Net–Maxxis in 2004, and Cofidis in 2006 and 2007. In April 2006, he crashed near the finish of the Circuit de la Sarthe, which resulted in a broken collarbone, causing him to miss most of the season. For the 2008 season, he transferred to Slipstream–Chipotle.

He has won stages in the Giro d’Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour de France, Three Days of De Panne, and the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. He wore the yellow jersey on stage three of the 2008 Tour of California after winning intermediate sprint points during stage two.

Farrar is very popular in Flanders, because he is fluent in Dutch, and lives in the Belgian city of Ghent. In 2012, was made an honorary citizen of Ghent.

In May 2011, Farrar, together with the entire Leopard Trek team, withdrew from the Giro d’Italia as a mark of respect for his friend and training partner Wouter Weylandt, who was killed in an accident during the race.

On July 4, 2011, Farrar won his first Tour de France stage, Stage 3 from Olonne-sur-Mer to Redon, becoming the first American to win a stage of the Tour on the Fourth of July.

Farrar crashed four times in the 2012 Tour de France, including a sprint-finish crash, after which he stormed the Argos–Shimano team bus to confront Tom Veelers, whom he blamed for the incident. At the 2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Farrar took his first two wins of the season. In the opening stage, Farrar stated that he was surprised to have survived the mountainous terrain to be able to contend for the sprint. Arriving in Telluride with a field of 57 riders, he was the fastest man to the line. He won again in the fifth stage of the race, dedicating the win to his former Madison partner Mike Creed, who had been raising money for the victims of the Waldo Canyon fires. Due to his two wins he consolidated enough points to win the green jersey. Later in the season, Farrar crashed heavily during the first stage of the Tour of Britain, reportedly suffering a concussion. In October, Farrar was given clearance to train by the team doctor, Prentice Steffen, who stated: „The health of the athlete is always our top priority.“

Farrar has a reputation for causing, or at least being implicated in crashes. Alessandro Petacchi noted that Farrar had crashed 18 times in the 2013-2014 seasons, stating „There is probably a reason for this“. Meanwhile, Farrar denies using reckless or uncoordinated tactics, and ascribed most of his numerous crashes to „realities of modern cycling“.

After seven years with Slipstream–Chipotle and a winless 2014 season, Farrar signed with MTN–Qhubeka for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Farrar appears[when?] in the opening titles of ITV London morning weather forecasts. The forecasts are sponsored by Transitions Lenses who also sponsor Farrar’s cycling team.

Harris-Kearney House

The Harris-Kearney House Museum is a historical site located in Kansas City, Missouri, in the Westport neighborhood. It is the oldest brick residence in the city.

Originally, the house was at the intersection of modern-day Westport Road and Main Street (where Osco Drugstore is now).

This brick mansion was built as a replacement for the 1845 Harris House, a log cabin inn owned by Col. John „Jack“ Harris and his wife Henrietta. The inn was considered integral to the neighborhood as an outfitting point on the Santa Fe Trail, and had providing lodging for explorers, trappers, Union soldiers, gold miners, and politicians. The Harris House burned down in the late 1840s.

Apparently devastated about the loss of the Harris House inn, local citizens loaned materials and labor to the Harris family to build a brick hotel replacement The house was completed in 1855, with bricks formed of Missouri clay, kilned on the premises. It operated as the Harris Hotel until the Civil War reached Missouri in 1861. Union commanders took headquarters in the Harris Hotel until 1864.

During the Civil War Battle of Westport in Oct. 1864, the Harris children reportedly watched the combat from the upper story windows of the home

After Col. Harris died in 1873, his daughter Josephine and son-in-law Col. Charles Kearney moved into the home. The Kearney family lived in the home until 1909

Threatened with razing in 1922, the mansion was moved in two parts, to its current location at 4000 Baltimore Avenue, one city block south. The house opened as a historical museum, but was unprofitable and closed

The house was sold in a public auction and acquired by a commercial developer. The building was used as office space, but this venture also failed

On Oct. 18, 1972, the Historic Harris-Kearney House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places <

The Westport Historical Society acquired the home and property in 1976 and restored the exterior to its pre-Civil War facade. In 1979, the society received a $10,000 grant to finish the exterior renovations When that was complete, the Women’s City Club of Kansas City and The Colonial Dames of America social societies furnished the home with period-appropriate furniture, bedding, and antiques.

The Westport Historical Society completed the home renovations in 2006, before opening it for public tours. They offer reenactments, blacksmithing demonstrations, and other period education performances throughout the year

Konstantin Sergejewitsch Semjonow

Konstantin Sergejewitsch Semjonow (russisch Константин Сегеевич Семёнов, englische Transkription: Konstantin Semenov, * 9. Juni 1989 in Smolensk) ist ein russischer Beachvolleyballspieler.

Semjonow spielte seine ersten Open-Turniere 2009 und 2010 mit Dmitri Nikolajewitsch Barsuk. Anschließend bildete er ein neues Duo mit Alexei Pastuchow, das den neunten Rang bei den Åland Open erreichte und Fünfter der U23-Europameisterschaft in Kos wurde. 2011 schaffte Semenow mit Sergei Prokopjew zweite neunte Plätze, bevor er mit seinem aktuellen Partner Jaroslaw Koschkarjow zusammenkam. Bei der Weltmeisterschaft in Rom wurden die beiden Russen Gruppenzweiter und mussten sich erst im Achtelfinale den späteren Siegern Emanuel/Alison aus Brasilien geschlagen geben. Danach schafften sie bei vier Grand Slams in Folge Top-Ten-Ergebnisse. Bei der Europameisterschaft in Kristiansand erreichten sie als Gruppendritter die erste KO-Runde, in der sie den Schweizern Heyer/Chevallier unterlagen. Bei den folgenden Open-Turnieren gab es einen neunten Platz in Åland und einen dritten Rang in Den Haag. Die EM 2012 endete für das Duo als Vorrunden-Zweiter erneut in der ersten KO-Runde, diesmal gegen die Letten Pļaviņš/Šmēdiņš. Anschließend wurden sie Neunter in Rom und erreichten beim CEV Continental Cup in Alanya einen fünften Platz. Zum Grand Slam in Berlin bildete Semjonow wieder ein Duo mit Prokopjew. Die beiden Russen qualifizierten sich für die Olympischen Spiele in London. Dort verloren sie ihre ersten beiden Spiele gegen die späteren Olympiasieger Julius Brink und Jonas Reckermann sowie das Schweizer Duo Heyer/Chevallier, erreichten aber mit einem Sieg gegen die Chinesen Xu/Wu als Gruppendritte das Achtelfinale, in dem sie sich den US-Amerikanern Gibb/Rosenthal geschlagen geben mussten. Anschließend erreichten sie beim Grand Slam in Stare Jabłonki ebenfalls den neunten Rang.

Seit 2013 spielt Semjonow mit Wjatscheslaw Krassilnikow. Krassilnikow/Semjonow erreichten das Finale des Grand Slam in Berlin und den fünften Platz in Moskau. Außerdem gewannen sie das EEVZA-Turnier in der russischen Hauptstadt. 2014 starteten sie mit zwei 17. Plätzen bei den World-Tour-Turnieren in China. Bei den Anapa Open unterlagen sie erst im Finale. In Quartu Sant’Elena nehmen sie an der Europameisterschaft 2014 teil.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds est un jeu vidéo de combat développé et édité par Capcom. C’est le 5e épisode de la série Marvel vs. Capcom. Cette série est un cross-over des environnements de jeux vidéo de la société Capcom (principalement de l’univers Street Fighter) et de l’univers Marvel Comics.

Le jeu est disponible à partir de février 2011 sur PlayStation 3 et Xbox 360.

Ryota Niitsuma, le producteur du jeu, a annoncé des différences par rapport à l’épisode précédent Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes : la vitesse de jeu a été réduite afin de rendre le jeu plus accessible aux débutants et les commandes des coups spéciaux doivent être simplifiées pour être plus faciles à utiliser. L’ambiance du jeu a été également repensée, il est plus sombre que l’épisode précédent pour lui donner un aspect plus réaliste ou plus proche de l’ambiance des comics.

Un mode de jeu en ligne est prévu pour le jeu, mais selon Seth Killian de Capcom, ce mode devrait être réduit aux modes en ligne les plus basiques, tels que les matches classés ou les combats entre amis en ligne.

Au programme, pas moins de 38 combattants sont de la partie (dont deux disponibles en téléchargement payant / DLC).

Notes :
1 le nom du personnage est aussi le titre du comics ou jeu auquel il est associé.
2 première apparition jouable dans un crossover.

Le seul boss présent dans le jeu est Galactus faisant office de boss final. Le combat se déroule alors en deux temps : le joueur affronte d’abord des clones de personnages jouables, puis il affronte directement Galactus. Une fois Galactus vaincu, une scène se déclenche, mettant en scène le personnage choisi par le joueur suivi du générique de fin.